The Perfect Intimate Malibu Backyard Wedding
My couple decided to get married in a backyard in Malibu, California. I was so excited to hear this because Malibu weddings are my favorite! With the perfect weather and scenery, Malibu is a great place for an intimate wedding. They both got ready in the house on the property, and I got to work with all of the detail shots. They had their first look near Point Dume in Malibu and it was the perfect spot! We also took wedding party photos there and then headed to the backyard ceremony. It was so serene and peaceful during their ceremony, the most noise being birds chirping (and plenty of laughter and tears!).
A Backyard Wedding Reception in Malibu
The wedding was perfect, and the reception was even better! The couple chose to have one of their favorite restaurants, Habit Burger, bring their truck out for dinner. (Food trucks are the best ideas for backyard weddings, it keeps things easy and fun!) From the drinking and dancing to the most amazing sunset, the night truly couldn’t have been better. We got some amazing golden hour photos not far from Escondido Canyon Park. They ended the night the only way a California intimate wedding should end: by jumping in the pool! They truly knew how to have the best time on their wedding day!
5 Reasons to have a Backyard Wedding in Malibu
- There are no rules! Without the pressure and liability of a venue, you truly can make your wedding day your own. Plus, you have no limits on what kind of catering and decor you can have!
- Show off your favorite local vendors! Tons of traditional wedding venues have various vendor requirements, but if your big day is in your backyard, you get the freedom to choose what you really want! So yes, get that food truck you’ve been dreaming about!
- Timeline flexibility! Unlike typical wedding venues, you can get to decorating before the big day as early as you’d like. And at the end of the day, stay as late as you like! Just make sure you’re partying within your city’s guidelines!
- Save thousands for not paying for a venue! Since the average Malibu wedding venue costs anywhere from $5-10k, this will be HUGE if you’re working with a smaller budget.
- You’ll always be able to go back to the spot where you said: “I do”! Unlike normal wedding venues where you’d have to arrange for a time to visit, your wedding was literally in your own backyard! Maybe this means anniversary picnics in that very spot, or maybe it’s just glancing out your window at that special place!
Contact me if you are ready to book your Southern California Wedding!